Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Its a dirty job.....

I am not the tidyest person in the world but even I know that sometimes a clean up is required....

The trouble is that my method of dealing with mess seems to involve spreading it around in smaller, albeit more orgainsied and colour coded piles.......
there were nice moments when I discovered fabric I had bought at a show and forgotton about....

and not so nice moments like, just when I thought I was winning, look what I found under the table, stuffed to the gills....

Still, eventually the table top was revealed.......

and all the scraps stashed in the colour coded see through boxes in a slightly tidied up cupboard ( and yes, I have been buying bolts of fabric albeit not whole bolts !).....


however, do not be fooled... I got tired before I put this fabric away in the wicker baskets ( or wherever else I will have to create a holding place because those eight baskets ( the cupboard extends to the left) are pretty full.......

and this is just the pile of leaftlets, brochures, business cards etc from Festival of Quilts, Great Northern Quilt show and Fashion and Embroidery show.

And now I am too tired to sew!

7 comments:

Gerrie said...

Ha!! This looks very much like my attempt to reorganize my studio.

Vicki W said...

Cleaning up the sewing room is an over-rated task. Lots of cost, very little benefit. In fact, I think the only benefit is the process of finding stuff so it's like getting a new present. But then you have to find a home for it and you wind up putting it into another pile. All wasted effort if you as me! We should wallow in our piles and enjoy them!

Kristin L said...

...But the wallowing was impeding access to the sewing machine. Kudos for clearing a path! Your tidying up looks done to me.

Donna said...

its so hard to find a "home" for so many odd things one collects as a sewer -- just where does one put a business card from a show that you have 1) as a momento 2) for the contact info and 3) for the great quilt idea in the graphic on the card! I think you've done an admirable job making headway :-)

keryn said...

Congratulations on the tidy room. There's no better feeling than walking into a clean sewing room with a cup of coffee and knowing that you can start making a mess again.

The paper clutter overwhelms me far more than the fabric clutter; still it gives me an excuse to buy office supplies and organisational stuff, and I live in hope of sorting it all out.

floribunda said...

good job! I want to see another photo of how it looks 48 hours later, though...

Jude said...

Well done, more than I can do at the moment.