Monday, October 13, 2008

Daisy Chain quilt

One baby quilt from Brenda's class yesterday completed.....

and named after the border quilting pattern I made up on the hoof of which I am very proud and which I shall probably be repeating!



The center is also quilted with free motion flowers. Dennis tells me that the pattern is fine in case the as yet unborn recipient is a boy (and the little boy who lives inside him agrees). It is 36 x 36 and quilted with green variegated Rainbows thread from Superior - a trilobal polyester which has a bit of a sheen. Somehow I always seem to finish quilts just as it goes dark and the colours of the thread consequently never photo well.

I love the quilt and will be playing with some new blocks with a similar but different technique when I get time which will be in ooooh, about ten mins I guess.....

7 comments:

Lora Martin said...

What a lucky baby! What a warm, luscious quilt for her to snuggle into.

Terri Stegmiller said...

Your quilt is so lovely Helen! I love the colors in it. I'm so thrilled that you and Brenda have met.

Vicki W said...

I lvoe the fabrics in this quilt. It's so warm and cozy looking.

Jude said...

Absolutely wonderful, and so fast! I'm sure it will be cherished, what a very lucky baby.
I really enjoy following your blog.

Janet said...

Stunning quilt - I can't believe how quickly you got it finished - puts me to shame!

Helen said...

Very, very nice. Love the colours and movement of the block. How lucky you are to have taken a class by Brenda.

Helen said...

PS Great quilting as well!