Monday, October 13, 2008

Class tip

I had a whole pile of FQs to take to Brenda's class yesterday and it occurred to me before I left that if I took them in the folded state they were bought in I'd spend a chunk of the class ironing the creases out. So I ironed them at home, wrapped them around a plastic tube I got from goodness knows where, which I had saved for shibori dying. I tied the roll with wool. Not only did I simply arrive at class, unroll and start cutting, on the journey, I was able to drool over the titilating promise of the hidden fabric.

4 comments:

Donna said...

what a great idea! Will have to tuck that away in my brain -- hopefully not under too much clutter to retreive next time I'm looking for it :-)

Lora Martin said...

Brilliant! I always shove my very favorite fabric in some dark corner of my tote at the last minute and can't find it in class. This way I could just wrap it on last. Thanks for sharing.

Ali Honey said...

You are a smart lady. That sounds very sensible.....I shall steal your idea - Thank you.

Helen said...

Very clever! Now that's a great hint for our club newsletter . . . :-)