Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Storage

I have a storage problem. Not so much that I have nowhere to put quilting things - I have a big cupboard. Its more that nothing stays very organised in there. I've sorted the stash ( see recent post) but sill have a problem with ongoing projects. It doesn't help that I keep taking things out to classes all of which require a common set of items but then different projects or equipment as well. Plus I am an untidy beggar and can't resist working on several projects at once.


So I decided the solution was to keep each project together in a bag. But I hated the plastic bags so I decided to make a big tote bag for each project and one for equipment and then I could just grab a project bag as required or put a combination in my small suitcaes that doubles as work case. There are of course two problems with this.

The first is that I have to get in the habit of putting stuff back in the bags which will not come naturally. Seconlly I have to make the bags .... which creates more projects......



I started with this (as yet unfinished) one using swap fabrics. I showed it to Dennis and proudly said - "see its all scraps and just a bit of left over stash fabric." (Hoping to impress on him how thrifty I was and why you need a stash.) . To which he responded. "How come you spend hunderds on fabric but only ever have scraps?" Good question.

2 comments:

Flibbertygibbet said...

I see some familiar fabrics! Looks fab.

YankeeQuilter said...

This all sounds sooo familiar! right down to making a bag for each project (I made a block bag for most of the projects.)