Saturday, January 27, 2007

Stichin' Saturday

Have had all afternoon today to sew. This is what I got done ( doesn't seem much!!)



A bag with my fabric swap from Lazylol. This is going to my wonderful cleaner as I have been promising her I'd do one for ages and my husband said she saw this fabric and admired it.




And there is some of this gorgeous stuff left for me as Lazylol was very generous!


A block using a template from the book Quilt Africa for the centre image. The colours in this are much stronger - beautiful earthy reds and ochres in among darker browns and golds. My friend Lesley and I are planning a collaborative quilt using freedom log cabin blocks, applique and and African themes. The plan is that we do one block each then take it and our stash to the class in Penrith in February and see where we get to. Even if she hates mine I can't wait to make a whole quilt using these fabrics and theme!





The front for one of the bags I am knocking up out of scraps/stash to hold other projects in.

No comments: