I finished my 'fun' (work?) for the day at ten past seven on a high - finally I had sewn not one but two rows of patches without unpicking anything! Really this is not a difficult quilt at all but I seem to be making heavy weather of it. I am happy I have finally broken its spirit ( go supernanny!) but disappointed I didn't get more done. It takes 20 mins to do the longest rows. I have 15 rows left but they get smaller and one would hope faster. However, sewing the rows together take time - I am estimating 5 - 7 hours more which mean 1 hr a day this week.
After ( same same but bigger!)
It is probably a sign of progress that I am now starting to think about names for this quilt. No doubt you can assist with ideas.
How about In praise of slow.
or I'd rather be in Massachusetts tidying Jennifers closet.
Or, have a friend who has a quilt ( made at a tricky time in her life) called I can't wait to leave the bastard. So I considered I can't wait to finish the bastard off but perhaps that's not suitable for the family quilt show market. ( Not that this is going to any show being a kit quilt!)