Monday, November 16, 2009

Buddy Can You Spare A Dime?

Guest Written By Dennis
So we made it out of California together, Helen, her fabric and me, in that order, although not before Helen lost her pillow again. The Bell Boys at the Fairmont rubbed their hands with glee every time they saw me approaching with the latest list of lost items; (it had to be me; if Helen had gone she would have left something else behind!). "You got the last tip; it's my turn today."

So, penniless, I left San Francisco. Borrow from Helen? Well, apparently that $200 of fabric was actually a mistaken figure; how much then? I am unable to declare with any certainty as it seems that Helen has "misplaced" her calculator. Lie to me? Of course she wouldn't....although she is always telling me that I need to learn to frame my questions properly!!

Today we went to Devonport in Auckland..to a Quilt shop! After Helen left the owner shut up shop and went on holiday; I wonder why? Buddy, can you spare a dime?

2 comments:

Gerrie said...

Laughing hysterically!

Terry Grant said...

You two must crack each other up! Love reading this travelogue. Trip of a lifetime!