Saturday, May 31, 2008

Serengeti beauty blocks

I saw sense with my previous over optimistic designs when I tried to print out foundation patterns - anything you can piece does not fit on an A4 piece of paper! Besides, these African fabrics don't need overcomplicating ( so I tell myself.) So I dropped down to simpler New York Beauty Blocks. These are a few of the 6 inch blocks so far.

I intend to vary the colour placements and add some new colour 'families' including greens - these are just the start!

4 comments:

Erica Spinks said...

This is looking good. Your colours are stunning.

floribunda said...

your fabrics are terrific! I'm going to be tempted to make more NYBs after looking at yours...

Donna said...

I've LWya liked those new york beauties -- they're interesting when combined with such striking prints.

Kate North said...

Ooh, I like these - great fun.