Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Yorkshire airlines

Humour is not ony individual but also regional. My sister put me onto this video today and my technological task for today has been to learn how to embed it. Let me know if it is funny all over the world. ( It may help you to be told that Yorkshire is a county in the North of England known for its plain speaking, plain living, money saving people and that Geoffrey Boycott was a Yorskhire crickter of some reknown. ) It is also the settng for such films as The Full Monty and Calender girls.

7 comments:

floribunda said...

works for me! but I've always been a fan of (most) British humour. My DH can't figure out why I like "Little Britain" so much...

Garnered Stitches said...

Being born on "t'other side o'hills" in Red Rose country and with Grandad coming from Pudsey I can never get enough "Northern" comedy - I would love to travel Alan Bennet class, just for the inflight entertainment!
Next time I fly I won't be able to look the Stewardess in the face during their preflight run through - it will take alot of effort not to shout out "shut up , belt up and if you don't know where the exists are, you're blind!"
That's what I love about being northern and the North - we state the bledding obvious and cut out all the flowery nonesence!
Best wishes

Unknown said...

Love it :)

doni palmgren said...

Very funny!!! I was born in Wales, but live in the U.S. and just love British Humour. Thanks. I spent quite a while going through all the videos.

Doni

MakesMeSmile said...

Loved it. I'm from Grove City OH but a fan of British humor from way back in the Monty Python days. The only reference I didn't get was Alan Bennet Class... but I could fill in the blanks

Frannie

Vicky said...

That is hilarious! Didn't get the
Alan Bennett comment either, but the rest was too funny! LOL

Helen said...

Is THAT what mushy peas look like? I always wanted to know :-) Best laugh of the week award from me! (specially loved the WC)