Saturday, February 17, 2007

I'm back!

Sorry for my unannounced absence. I went to Penrith for a sewing break and the catching of a nasty head cold left me feeling hot and stuffed up and generally unfit to fight with my parent's incredibly slow dial-up connection.


I had taken an optimistic amount of sewing with me for the three days I had booked open classes at Morceau. I did more or less finish a black shift dress ( just one hem to go) but spent much of the time huddled up against the radiator sniffling and making the quilting comfort food equivalent - tote bags. Here are two I made with linen I snagged in the sale at just £3 per meter.




On Valentines day my tissues, my husband and I went to Sedbergh just into Yorkshire for the sole purpose of going to Westwood books where Dennis bought me these three books.




Now I am back I am sticking bits of paper togther for the shape portfolio of the city and guilds. To be honest I am getting a bit fed up of the design elements - mostly becuase we are not allowed to sew, so any great idaes you get have to be put on the back burner which is annoying.

2 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

Those books look wonderful. How do you like the guild program? I was surfing the internet for more information on it last night. I was thinking it may give me some structure (badly needed I may add!)

Hope you are feeling better.

Siobhan

Helen said...

Great books. I hope you enjoy them. Did you get your quilting problem sorted?