Sometimes it is a full time job managing me. I don't know if you are the slightest bit interested but, apart from the photo above, this is all I have to tell you about, so here is just one representative sequence of events from the last week alone.
1. In my diary is a little lecturing trip. Tuesday, Manchester for a client company, BPP. Wednesday, York for a different client. Thursday and Friday, Leeds for BPP. Quite neat and sensible, the travel being a progressive trip East and back along the same route. I book hotels. Dennis plans to travel with me, free that he is to gallivant at will.
2. Mum and Dad want to see us before we travel and I need to buy a waterproof jacket which is one of the things you can buy where they live in the Lake District. (You can't for example buy Mango Frappachinos). So we add on Saturday and Sunday in Penrith, traveling from Leeds. I tell Dennis the new plans.
3. BPP cancel the Thursday in Leeds. I unbook the hotel the night before. This leaves us yo-yoing across country witha gap in the diary. I ring my Chambers to tell them to look for work. I tell Dennis the new plans.
4. Another client, MBL ring. Can I fill in for a speaker who has let them down. Thursday in Leeds. Oh yes I can. I rebook the hotel. I ring Chambers to tell them not to look for work. I tell Dennis the new plans.
5. BPP ring again. They are now cancelling the course on the Friday. I unbook the hotel. I ring Chambers and tell them to look for work.
6. Then on the off chance I ring Judicial Bookings. Do they by any chance have work on Friday. They do. In Kendal. Also in the Lake District. I ring Mum in her B&B capacity and book a hotel. I ring Chambers. I tell Dennis......
How I found time to put the above quilt together for Magie Relph I do not know! It is a work in progress made with shweshwe fabric and wax prints - we are worried about the big plain block. It might come out, it might get embellished. Hopefully it will be a kit. Who knows what will happen to it and where I will be when I do it!