Tuesday, June 09, 2009

New web links

Until recently I liked to indulge in the slightly subversive activity of visiting a branch of Borders and taking magazines up to read in Starbucks . Only now I can't because I visited one store where they put a sign up saying, "In order to help us keep our store tidy please only take a maximum of five magazines into Starbucks'. So now it appears it is not at all subversive. Ah well. I still do it.

Here are some web links I discovered during my browsing yesterday.

Upfront - see their altered bras. Two members of this textile group with their own websites are: Corrine Phillips and Gilly Mound

From one of those sites I found a link to textile artists Jo Dewar

Fiberart Wales has artist pages with lots of images from artists working with fibre in many different ways.

The Beetroot Tree looks like a place I will have to try to visit.

2 comments:

Karen said...

These are great sites, thanks for covertly finding them to share with us

English Rose said...

thanks for posting the Up-Front site - these were my class mates when I did my C&G certificate, and it was great to find them on line, and see what they have been up to whilst I have been roasting out here. Sara