I have been tagged twice to tell you 8 random things about me so here goes:
1. My underwear has to match. I don't just mean colour. It has to be from the same lace.
2. I would like to be Jewish. (in theory at least). I love that it is such a thinking religion. Today I found a blog post that just summed up for me why I love Jewish people and thought so much. It is here at the post for 14th and is basically 36 people (last time I looked) seriously debating the religious and moral consequences of a 7/11 slurpee promotion. How wonderful to have such a structure to live live by... and what a challenge I suspect it would be.
3. I am very bad at wearing socks and shoes in the house, or even at work for that matter. they tend to get kicked off. At home if it is cold I favour the slippers you get at the souk in Marrakech because they don't make my feet all hot and constrained.
4. I have been known to hang around at stage doors waiting for a glimpse of Maureen Lipman. I think she is just wonderful.
5. I should never be left in a room with a bag of Thorntons Butter Tablet. ( A kind of fudge type concoction made of both sugar and condensed milk and not a lot else). I will eat the whole lot until I am sick. It is addictive and I cannot resist it. I come close to the same recation with yoghurt rasins and yoghurt pineapples. Once I had a bag in the car I knew that I shouldn't eat it so I tossed it on to the backseat out of reach. Then spent the whole journey home trying to judge my speed to hit red lights so I could twist round and grope for it.
6. I carry a photo of my maternal grandfather in my purse. He was a career officer in the army at World War Two and lost his leg in Italy when he stood on a land mine. He returned with no money and worked his way up to being Director of Social Services for Cumbria. He died when I was twelve.
7. I don't know how many days there are in every month (I know February but those 30 and 31 day months ... I have no idea.) I know that there is a little rhyme to help you remember but I never learned it and although I always mean to, I never have.
8. I hate to blow up balloons. I am afraid that they will burst in my face.
And as for books, to answer the question on my comments, I bought five all from the AQS series - the books of the winners of the annual competition to use a traditional block in an invovative design. I got a compliation of Ohio Star, Double Wedding Ring and Log cabin, then the single books of Seven Sisters, Bears Paw, Dresden Plate and Rose of Sharon. Five for £47.50 including postage. Not bad.