Monday, April 09, 2007

From Bath

We are having a good time in Bath. We came down via the quilt show in Trentham In my view the quilts on display were very disappointing compared to last year - fewer and lesser quality. ( I still have my photos on the laptop from 2006 and viewed them when we got here to make sure it wasn't just the haze of my first show that was influencing that opinion!) However I still enjoyed the day - not least because I bumped into people I knew ( last year I didn't know any other local quilters!) and spent a large amount of money on gorgeous fabrics from Magie Relph's stall.

On Easter Saturday I went out to Midsomer Quilting and did a class called Thread Play with Dawn Cameron Dick where we got to make little samples with a wide selection of threads. The idea was that we never play at home becuase we are focused on making and completing things so this was a day just to doodle Plus the information she gave us on needles and threads and tension issues was worth the price alone. I have pages of notes! I would highly recomend her as a teacher.

In the next couple of dayas I am going to avail myself of the room at Bath's Country Threads to baste the African ladies quilt which is now sporting borders from Magies stall. In the eveings I am quite happily working on other blocks.... and yes, I am also enjoying eating and clothes shopping and reading and just enjoying the easter sun in the park here.

No comments: