Monday, August 07, 2006

Birthday distractions

It's not a complete excuse for the lack of blog but I was rather distracted from all other activties by my birthday presents last week. I have a whole box of things ( becuase I am a lucky girl to have such a generous husband .....and probably becuase I gave him such a long wish list!). Here are just a few of my favourite things:


There was a lovely moment of confusion when I unwrapped one of the magazines I had subcribed to sometime ago. The poor man had been given such a list of strange quilting things he didn't really know what he was ordering and tookto confiscating everything that arrived in the post to do with quilting. I suppose he can be confused for mixing up Down Under Quilts with Australian Patchwork and Quilting magazine though. Or at least to query why I needed ( make that wanted) both! Still he got the ( very expensive) Sunday lunch reservation right with a table at the window overlooking Lake Ullswater at the Sharrow Bay Hotel. Not his fault it tipped it down with rain the moment we set foot in the gardens!

No comments: