Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I am still working on...

... The horse.

now, anyone with an aounce of sense would make the background first then bond the horse on, but you know.. if there is a difficult way to do it...



The map is of Chester racecourse and  the writing, which only shows up more than texture from quite close  is all about the history of Chester Races, the city and of horseracing in general.


 I have learned so much from doing it. Did you know, for example, that the first recorded horse race in Chester was in 1759 with the consent of the then Mayor Henry Gee and that is where we get the term gee-gees for horses?

 I have some more writing then all the quilting to do. I don't think it is going to be ready for Monday which is when the building it is to hang in opens. But thats Ok because it is a suprise anyway so the deadline is entirley self inflicted!

2 comments:

Sandra Wyman said...

This works really well - and you really didn't need any help with the horse colours!

Henk said...

Hi, I am a real person and I do want to draw attention to my site on identifying weeds and types. You may find it useful next time you have to fight against giant triffids and other monster thorny invaders. The trick is indeed to spot them early.
As an aside, I love the bright colors (I guess its colours where you are?) Both the spoons and the sinks in the ladies' toilets near Liverpool Airport made great shots!