Monday, December 17, 2007

Showing off

It is the time of year for completing things. Excuse the wonkiness - it is my photgraphy not the quilts. I have no where in the house that I can get really good flat shots.

My first commssioned quilt 'Green Gables' went off to its customer, Ann today. (Half green log cabins.... Ann....get it?!)
The front:






The back:



The label (showing the quilt this customer bought from me at a show):




and some details of the quilting done by Chris Marriage at Father's Heart Quilting.

These colurs are so not me - Ann's choice - but I have left overs so I shall have to challenge myself to use them up! (Maybe I could dye them brown?!)


Some days ago I also finished the Christmas quilt:

(stashbusters note - all from stash save the outer fabric and the rick rack!)

It is quilted through fleece, with free motion stars as you can see on this one.
Then, almost finished - just needs binding and label, is this one for my sister. She is in fact 34 but really wanted a Paddington quilt so why not? Her love of bears continues on the back. Its her Christmas present ( along with some bits and bobs including a kitchen bulldog clip with a picture of a an elephant on it that makes elephant sounds when you press it. Kitch in the extreme but she loves elephants as much as bears so it should at least get a laugh!)

4 comments:

Carla Gay said...

Well done, Helen!! Gorgeous quilts!!

Jennifer said...

Wow. Wow. Not only am I impressed by how beautiful, absolutely beautiful, these quilts are, but also by your ongoing ability to get them done so quickly. You are an inspiration! I hope all is well and that you are enjoying all that the season has to offer~

Gina said...

What beautiful quilts.

Your sister is not alone. My hubby is 40 and wants a Thomas the Tank Engine quilt.

love and hugs xxx

Cathi said...

Green Gables is absolutely gorgeous!