Saturday, April 06, 2013

Picking a horse

Today is Grand National Day. I have a colleague who is knowlegable about horse racing and I now know far more about it than I did a year ago. But not enough to stop me picking a horse by its name on the basis that this is the only race of the year I pay any attention to. Although many true fans probably wish I didnt because my horse has only ever once lasted past the second fence. Once it died.. The day BEFORE the race!! Still, you have to join in

My husband handed me the paper.

"Oh," I say " I should have Teatforthree" making reference to my Tea and Talk for Two blog with Diane and how she and he email each other too.

He peruses the list and shrugs,

" I'b better have On His Own then"

" Noooo! Thats sad, you can play with us... Three.. Get it?"

He grins. That man is such a pity junkie!!

 

4 comments:

Diane Perin said...

I assume you meant Tea for Three, not Teat for Three, yes? They do conjure up rather different images! But I'll root right along with you. Does the jockey have a pretty shirt?

Unknown said...

Oops yes! Tea for three! No idea about the shirt as I was in the car for the race and had it on the radio which is a poor substitute for TV.
However teaforthree came third and On My Own fell down. Ha! Serves him right. Not that we had any actual money bet.

Working Mum said...

I had Tea for Three because that's what I do every Sunday; came in 3rd so you can't argue with the logic of picking the name. Won enough for a large bar of chocolate!

Shelley Whiting's art said...

I love all the different textures and patterns. They're very light and elegant. Gorgeous works.