Thursday, June 09, 2011

Building a studio 4

I got stairs today!!

And a huge space for storage under the stairs with access via our bedroom.

We have been having a discussion on the UK Quilters Guild Competmorary Quilt Group Yahoo Group ( gosh, thats a long name!) about quilt storage because it suddenly occurred to me that whilst I had a perfect plan for the space to make quilts in I had not really thought about how to keep larger art quilts without folding them.  This cupboard will give plenty of space to hang them from trouser hangers but it was originally designated for household stuff so it was rather tentatively that I mentioned to Dennis that I might actually like my studio to spread down a floor after all. His response:
"Well quilts are things for the house aren't they?"

If you had any doubt that I snagged The Best Quilting Husband let me tell this tale. He has been having problems with bending his fingers for a while and tests have been coming back  without  providing any diagnosis. Finally this week he saw someone who reckons he has the solution. However, its one of those treatments whihc in the long run will do good but in the short term ( a couple of days or so)  may make things worse). He was apologising for taking the very quick appointment they offered for tomorrow.
"Why are you apologising to me for that?" I asked.
"Well, I might not be able to grip a steeering wheel and I promised to do the driving to the quilt show this weekend."

That show by the way is Quilt Art at 25 at Rhyl museum -starts on Saturday until Mid- August.

8 comments:

Vicki W said...

What a sweetie! Mine keeps offering for me to expand into the living room....I already have over 100 square feet of space. I thanked him but told him I did not need permission to expand even more. I would just overfill that space too!

JB said...

He is a sweetheart!! Hang on to that man. Quilt storage was left out of our design. I am glad you have planned for it.

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

Hvae they given you a date for completion? You must be itching to get in there and start creating!

Rachel said...

Definitely a Keeper!
I'm so looking forward to seeing your studio finished...

Joanne S said...

Tried to leave a comment and get an error. Try again to say I love the stairs being here already and the storage under is brilliant. Perhaps they could arrange taunt wire that you could clip the pieces to. Sort of a strong laundry line but closer together to hold more pieces.

I think Dennis is the best.

Ladydy5 aka: Diane Yates said...

A very luck lady with a wonderful, sweet husband. Nice to see that.

Working Mum said...

Bless him!

Kristin L said...

Yup, you got a good one! Your studio progress is great too. I'm more than a bit envious.